Friday, July 10, 2009

Grey Gardens and window trunks

Velour has a fantastic new(ish) addition to the window display that i've managed to photograph as best I could:

Photobucket

Original hangers and all. I just adore it.

Speaking of adoration, I got my mittens on HBO's Grey Gardens movie the other day.

Photobucket

I did so with much apprehension, but oh I just loved it!
Drew and Jessica not only bore a striking likeness to the original Edie's, but were absolutely spot on in their portrayals, with their accent and mannerisms being particularly marvelous to behold.
I shan't rave on and on, but here are some pretty pictures of some of the amazing outfits and the recreation of Grey Gardens in it's heyday:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Drew vs Edie

PhotobucketPhotobucket

And a little 'revolutionary costume' for good measure

Photobucket

No word as to when/if it will be shown in Australia, but if you come into the shop and ask nicely I may just have a copy of it for you.

xx

3 comments:

Meg Rayner said...

Oooooh! I've read all about the new Grey Gardens and am desperate to see it! I'll have to pop into the shop next time I'm in Melbourne. Any excuse really... I love Velour.

Your next door neighbour said...

Ohhhh beautiful shop front!! Loving the Velour blog :) xx

Lark said...

Oh, I can't wait to see it. The original was hard work but I loved it. x